Located in between the mountains, close by the historical spa city of Merano in Italy’s region of Alto Adige, the country residence’s history is almost as long and rich as the one of Merano itself. A document from 1920 bears witness to the existence of a country property known as Psorengütl located just outside the city wall. By the 16th century the name changed to Ottmangut and the property became one of five such farmhouses in the area.
Currently the Garda Island is owned by the Cavazza family, but over the centuries it had various names which were nearly always linked to the different owners: insula Cranie, island of Monks, Lechi island, Scotti island, de Ferrari island and later Borghese island.
The Antonio Dalle Nogare Foundation was established in 2012 to promote contemporary art as a language for interpreting changes in society and as a tool for promoting interaction between art, architecture, innovation and artistic research, intending a wide range of the general public to engage and take part in various programmes.